Tel: + 353 (0)906 436175
Fax: + 353 (0)906 436131
GPS: +53°26’46.65″, -7° 38′ 31.14
If you have a Sat Nav, then type in Rosemount Village, County Westmeath and it should bring you direct, though a number of people with Sat Navs have had a bit of difficulty as the software does not recognize the M6 motorway even though it’s been open for a few years! You could also type in Moate, County Westmeath and follow a section of the instructions below. Anyhow, the following should get you to us:
Dublin to Coolatore House/Bishopstown House
- At the M50 Roundabout (Dublin ring road) take the M4 signposted GALWAY or THE WEST
- Go through a Toll Plaza – rate is €2.90 per car
- Continue for about 30 miles or so
- Leave the N4 at Junction 11 – KINNEGAD – then merge left onto the M6 (signposted GALWAY)
- Continue forward onto the M6 passing turn-offs for Rochfortbridge, Tyrrellspass and Kilbeggan
- Take the first turn off for MOATE
- Enter the town, and at its Eastern end turn right for ROSEMOUNT at Moate Sports (opposite Moate Motors)
- Then turn right again at the Church (signposted ROSEMOUNT)
- Stay on that road for 8km heading into ROSEMOUNT – do not turn off into the village
- Continue, veering to the left, take the first left turn, sign-posted BALLYMORE 8
- You pass a disused quarry on your right. A twisty country road follows until:
- Grouse Lodge is the next entrance on the left (Grouse Lodge is written on either side of the pillars)
- Coolatore House is on the right (Coolatore House is written on a pillar, green gates in front of you).
- Bishopstown House: Continue along road veering left at a Y junction for Killare (not Streamstown)
- Drive on for 3/4 of a mile until your reach a series of S Bends. At the last turn at the bottom of a small hill there will be a cottage with lollipop evergreen trees on the right hand side. After these is the entrance for Bishopstown.
- Gate may be shut.
- You will see the sign for Bishopstown House.
- Continue straight up driveway, entering Bishopstown Demense via the decorated gates to your right.
Very Important Information
NO SIGHT-SEEERS or DAY VISITS UNLESS APPOINTMENT MADE IN ADVANCE.
COOLATORE AND BISHOPSTOWN HOUSE ARE ONLY OPEN TO CUSTOMERS WITH BOOKINGS.
ANYONE NOT PART OF AN OFFICIAL BOOKING FOUND ON THE PREMISES WILL BE CHARGED WITH TRESPASS.
Please come to Grouse Lodge first, the office is located in the Courtyard to the rear of the house. Grouse Lodge is not open to the general public, so anyone found with cameras, recording equipment etc will be charged with trespass.